A Bing Map can be added to a form to display the location of the address of the record. Bing Maps can only be added to the forms of system entities that have a composite address field. The system entities that can display Bing Maps on forms, include the following:
When you add a Bing Map component, you must select the address field that will be displayed, for example Address 1 for an Account, or the Ship-To Address for an Order. The Bing Maps feature uses the API of the Bing Maps service to fetch location and mapping information to display in the form.
For customers who use Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, a connection to this service is included in the User Subscription License (USL) and no configuration is required to use the feature.
For on-premises deployments, you must sign in to the Bing Maps Portal and create an API key. Depending on the size of the deployment, the type of organization that you work for (private sector, education, or government, for example), and whether you have other license agreements with Microsoft that include your use of the service, there might be an additional cost for this service.
Bing Maps Portal URL – http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=187187
To enable this feature in an on-premises deployment, you must follow these steps.
1. Obtain a Bing Maps API key from the Bing Maps Portal.
2. Open Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
3. In the navigation bar, click Microsoft Dynamics CRM > Settings > Administration.
4. Click System Settings.
5. On the General tab, scroll to the Enable Bing Maps section.
6. In the Show Bing Maps on forms section, click Yes.
7. In the Please enter Bing Maps key field, enter your Bing Maps API key.
8. Click OK.
Bing Maps can now be added to forms for the enabled system entities.